- Epoch: Early Inventors
- SdJ Re-Reviews #4: Sagaland (a.k.a. Enchanted Forest)
- Larry’s Gathering Report: Prototypes
- Dale Yu: Review of Evolution (NorthStar Games)
- Matt Carlson: Review of Evolution (2nd Edition)
- SdJ Re-Reviews #3: Focus (a.k.a. Domination)
- 2015 Spiel des Jahres lists announced!
- The OG tries to predict the 2015 Spiel des Jahres award!
- Castle Panic: The Dark Titan (an expansion review)
- SdJ Re-Reviews #2: Rummikub
- Larry’s Gathering Report: “New to Me” Games Segment
- Goblin Magnifico: Wir Sind das Volk! won the award
- SdJ Re-Reviews #1: Hase und Igel (a.k.a. Hare & Tortoise)
- New series for 2015 – Spiel Des Jahres Re-Reviewed
- Catan Con 2015
Author Archives: Dale Yu
Evolution, 2nd Ed. (2015) Designers: Dominic Crapuchettes, Dmitry Knorre, Sergey Machin Publisher: NorthStar Games Players: 2-6 Ages: 10+ Time: 60 minutes Times Played: 10, with review copy provided by NorthStar Games My first review of Evolution was back in … Continue reading
For Spiel des Jahres – the list is: Colt Express Machi Koro The Game The recommended list includes: Cacao Looney Quest Patchwork Simsala…Bumm? (Abraca… wha?) Ugo Vollmondnacht (One Night Ultimate Werewolf)
OK – so it’s time for the annual attempt of the Opinionated Gamers to show just how wrong we can be in trying to prognosticate the annual Spiel des Jahres winner. As you likely know, the Spiel des Jahres in … Continue reading
As we’ve documented in the past, the Spring is often a somewhat slower time for boardgame releases – and it’s a good time to write about some topics that have spent the winter on the backburner. I was approached by … Continue reading
Ah, Sunday morning. A beautiful time to be awoken at too early o’clock in this hotel by loud teenaged dance teams. This has never been the quietest hotel, and being placed near the elevator pretty much means I’m awake by … Continue reading
First up, a trip to Starbucks. Unlike my local Starbucks, this one still rewards you for bringing your own mug. 40 cents for a refill of Blonde Roast into my travel mug.
Made it back through border patrol without too much issue. Well, except that the turnstiles didn’t want to let Dan Blum back into the country. Damn smart turnstile.
Oops. That first post wasn’t supposed to be so short. Hit the wrong button. Oh well, who wants a rough draft anyways?
A somewhat restful night of sleep here at the Sheraton. Once I got to sleep, things were great. However, there was some sort of nocturnal construction which made my original room far too noisy. So after a 1am room switch, … Continue reading