Lorna’s Top Essen Wants in no particular order
Renature – I’ve demoed this game at Camp Capstone, fun tile placement game. It’s rather abstract but interesting in a puzzly good way.
Bonfire – I’ve demoed the game on Tabletopia and yes it’s one of Feld’s complex monstrosities but I like it. Lots of choices with each turn.
Cloud Age – Maricaibo fell flat for me but I’m still interested in Pfister games
Lost Ruins of Arnak – Had a rules explanation at Castle Tricon but technical difficulties kept me from playing. Sounds a bit like Quest for El Dorado which is a favorite but this one adds some other mechanisms. Looks good.
Praga Caput Regni – Looks like a nice game on the higher complexity scale.
Hallertau – sure what’s one more Uwe?
Beez – Liked Azul but not Reef. Hope this one makes the cut
Faiyum – sounds like an interesting deckbuilder
Beyond the Sun – Sounds like an interesting game from Rio Grande with tech and worker placement also always fond of space themes
Any Exit games
(Under Falling Skies – this would have been on my list but I wasn’t really interested in the campaign and I wanted a smaller box so I made my own PnP which I am very happy with, really tense little dice game)
(Fogsite – which I already have – it’s a one vs many game. One player is the guardian who makes the maze and the other 3 players try to deduce their way out. I’d order it if I didn’t already own it)
Kickstarters and Essen
Macaroon – like the theme, looks like a cute card game. Looks like it will be a KS for later but being demoed this year
Paris – had kickstarted was/is supposed to release at this year’s Essen, K&K always worth checking out, initially I thought of Porta Nigra because of the round board but this one is tile placement which I like
Search for any Game Title or keyword on the Opinionated Gamers
Follow The Opinionated Gamers Blog via EmailJoin 4,339 other subscribers
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us independent!
Follow Blog via EmailJoin 4,339 other subscribers
- Dale Yu: Review of Jiangnan
- Dale Yu: Review of Applejack
- Dale Yu: Review of Let’s Go! To Japan
- Dale Yu: Review of Rolling Heights
- Dale Yu: Review of Bonsai
- Matt Carlson: Review of Wreckland Run
- Dale Yu: Review of Your Best Life
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of Marvel: Damage Control
- PSA: Puerto Rico 1897 is literally unplayable…
- Dale Yu: Review of Superclub (and Arsenal Manager Kit)
- Designer’s Corner: WYSIWYG
- Dale Yu: Review of Samarkand Bazaar
- Dale Yu: Review of Get On Board New York and London
- Tricks and Trumps #2: Variations on the Classics (1967-1990)
- What makes trick-taking so enduring? And is it the most popular game mechanic on the planet? Eight trick-taking designers weigh in!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs by the Opinionated Gamers
Blogs in English
- About.com – Boardgames
- Board Game Blues
- Board Game Industry Directory
- Board Game Reviews by Josh
- Boardgames in Blighty
- Bruno Faidutti's Site
- Mango's Gaming
- Mikko's Gameblog
- Purple Pawn
- Seize Your Turn
- Simply Board
- Spiel: Boardgames in the UK
- The Gaming Gang
- The Superfly Circus
- The Tao of Gaming
Blogs in other languages
Gaming Sites the OGs Frequent