Lorna’s Top Essen Wants in no particular order
Renature – I’ve demoed this game at Camp Capstone, fun tile placement game. It’s rather abstract but interesting in a puzzly good way.
Bonfire – I’ve demoed the game on Tabletopia and yes it’s one of Feld’s complex monstrosities but I like it. Lots of choices with each turn.
Cloud Age – Maricaibo fell flat for me but I’m still interested in Pfister games
Lost Ruins of Arnak – Had a rules explanation at Castle Tricon but technical difficulties kept me from playing. Sounds a bit like Quest for El Dorado which is a favorite but this one adds some other mechanisms. Looks good.
Praga Caput Regni – Looks like a nice game on the higher complexity scale.
Hallertau – sure what’s one more Uwe?
Beez – Liked Azul but not Reef. Hope this one makes the cut
Faiyum – sounds like an interesting deckbuilder
Beyond the Sun – Sounds like an interesting game from Rio Grande with tech and worker placement also always fond of space themes
Any Exit games
(Under Falling Skies – this would have been on my list but I wasn’t really interested in the campaign and I wanted a smaller box so I made my own PnP which I am very happy with, really tense little dice game)
(Fogsite – which I already have – it’s a one vs many game. One player is the guardian who makes the maze and the other 3 players try to deduce their way out. I’d order it if I didn’t already own it)
Kickstarters and Essen
Macaroon – like the theme, looks like a cute card game. Looks like it will be a KS for later but being demoed this year
Paris – had kickstarted was/is supposed to release at this year’s Essen, K&K always worth checking out, initially I thought of Porta Nigra because of the round board but this one is tile placement which I like
Search for any Game Title or keyword on the Opinionated Gamers
- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us independent!
- Kickstarter Preview – Olymplakks
- Preview : Neko Boss – an new game by Yamamoto san
- Dale Yu – Review of Now or Never
- Mitchell Thomashow: Bridge City Poker – A Review and a Guide to A Genre
- Dale Yu: Review of Dice Realms
- Nominees for 2021 Meeples Choice Awards Announced
- Dale Yu: Review of Space Station Phoenix
- Dale Yu: Review of Puzzle Rap Star
- Dale Yu: Review of Poly Hero Dice
- Prose on Cons: Origins 2022 by Valerie Matthews
- Memoir ’44: The Chattanooga Open
- Dale Yu: Review of Origins – First Builders
- Dale Yu: Review of Exit: Nightfall Manor (spoiler free)
- 2022 Origins Preview List
- Gaming Timeline: 1980-1984
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
gamedesignerjeff on Mitchell Thomashow: Bridge Cit… The Golden Ages: An… on Patrick Brennan: Game Snapshot… Brian on Mitchell Thomashow: Bridge Cit… Jacob Lee on Nominees for 2021 Meeples Choi… Bob Wilkinson on Dale Yu: Review of the Rose… James Nathan on Fish, Farewell, Forever Bob Trezise on Prose on Cons: Origins 2022 by… K.C. Bell on Dale Yu: Review of Carcassonne… Prasanti on Solo Gaming 2022: The First Fo… Frodo on Prose on Cons: Origins 2022 by…