- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us ad-free and independent!
- Patrick Brennan & Dale Yu: Review of Rush M.D.
- 10 Great Worker Placement Games (Article by Chris Wray)
- Brandon Kempf – Surviving the Purge 4
- Unheralded Games of the Past Decade: 2012 & 2013
- Unheralded Games of the Past Decade: 2010 & 2011
- Our Favorite Games of 2019
- The Opinionated Gamers Re-review Hadara and talk about the new mini Expansions
- Cine Write and Trade (Preview)
- 10 Great Games of the 2010s (Article by Chris Wray)
- Patrick Brennan: Game Snapshots – 2020 (Part 2)
- Brandon Kempf – Surviving the Purge 3
- Dale Yu: Review of Fire in Adlerstein (spoiler free)
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of Res Arcana: Lux et Tenebrae
- Dale Yu: First Impression of Minecraft – Builders & Biomes
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of The Fox in the Forest: Duet
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Sessions
As a new year commences, perhaps it’s timely to ruminate on the journey that junkie gamers take. In your introduction to the hobby, every game is amazing, your eyes are opening up to a world of endless possibilities, every game … Continue reading
So last year, we did a fun thing where we asked our writers to give short comments on games as they play them, and many of our readers felt this was a great way to read about the games. These … Continue reading
Playing games at an Essen weekend is like Gump’s box of chocolates. It’s easy to get roped into games that other people are interested in, bypassing all your usual self-selective-bias security alerts, often with alarming results.
At time of writing, I’ve just finished our Essen weekend here in Sydney with 100 of my closest gaming friends (here’s a shoutout to the glorious Advent Games for organising and hosting), which means I have a bank of snapshots … Continue reading
The more I write in this prelude, the less time there is to play games. Let’s go!
… and this episode ticks us over to 200 new games for the year! With that groundwork laid, an observation on the latest design trend if I may: you know, I’ve never met a roll-and-write, or flip-and-write, or whatever incarnation … Continue reading
My Essen theory is, if you have a great game, you want to release it at any time other than Essen so as to give it clear air and allow us to hear the bagpipes swell. If you have an … Continue reading
We’re still in the middle of an unrelenting desire to explore Terraforming Mars which has seen it hit the table twice a week over the last month. Meanwhile a second Gloomhaven campaign has started, with different characters, to keep the … Continue reading
It’s mostly disappointment city in this collection of new stuff, but that’s ok, the fun is in the exploring. One player’s trash is another’s treasure after all. In non-new gaming we’ve been on a Terraforming Mars kick the last few … Continue reading