I’m an outdoor adventurer, kettlebell/strength enthusiast, foodie/beer guy, and a touch of geek all rolled together. Some of my many interests include: beer, homebrewing, fitness (kettlebell and barbell), travel, food and cooking, loose leaf tea, hiking, backpacking, camping, canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), letterboxing and board and card games, of course!
I grew up playing classic family games and traditional card games. I’ve always had an interest in games and played a bit during college, but it wasn’t until late 2010/early 2011 that I started playing games regularly as a hobby. It began as a social hobby with a couple of my co-workers and quickly became an addiction as my collection grew rapidly. Luckily, that didn’t last too long and I’ve since managed to reduce my collection quite a bit. I now have the privilege of being part of a fantastic gaming group and get to play many new games as a result. For me, this hobby is all about meeting new people and having FUN while playing some great games.
- Genres: Euro-style Strategy, Cooperative
- Mechanisms: Rondels, Trick-Taking, Worker Placement
- Characteristics: Unique Themes, Immersive Experiences, Great Artwork
- Genres: Miniatures, War Games, Amerithrash
- Mechanisms: Negotiation, Auctions, Commodity Speculation, Stock Holding
- Characteristics: Zombie and Cthulhu Themes, Long Playing Times (i.e. greater than about 2 hours)
- Favorite Games
- The Castles of Burgundy
- Play Testing Contributions
- Castles of Mad King Ludwig
- Dragon Farkle
- Epic Resort
- Legacy: Forbidden Machines
- Legacy: Gears of Time
- New York 1901
- Opinionated Gamers Contributions
- Beer – I post beer ratings on RateBeer; I am also an avid homebrewer (since 2001).
- Fitness – Focus on strength and mobility, including hard style Russian Kettlebell, Olympic Barbell and Bulgarian Bag; I am also a certified StrongFirst SFG Kettlebell Instructor Level I.