These are games that have appeared on the Five & Dime lists before… and have risen in overall playing percentages.
|Game||% gain from 2009|
|Alea Iacta Est||3.29%|
|Thurn and Taxis||2.90%|
Just off the edge of the list at 2.69% – Campaign Manager 2008.
There are two main reasons that games appear on this list:
- They were reprinted and/or had another game/expansion added to their franchise this year (which this year really only applies to Carcassonne).
- They were “Essen”/end of the year games… they were released late in 2009 and were only played 5+ times by a couple of folks in 2009 (Thunderstone, Hansa Teutonica, Dixit, Dungeon Lords, Tobago, The Adventurers, Alea iacta est, Atlantis & Cyclades ).
As always, the interesting games here are the ones that can not be explained by these reasons:
- Castle Panic just took a while to build up a head of steam…
- Last year Finito! was finally recognized here in the U.S… this year, it was Mosaix’s turn.
- Parade has been around – but it finally got a stateside release & subsequent play.
- The only explanation I have for Puerto Rico and Thurn & Taxis is increased internet play… anyone else have a better idea?