Another year has passed and we are going home. Caterina point me out that this was here 5th or 6th Essen’s edition … something not all seasoned gamers can be proud of. Of course I miss my travels into Haba or Schmidt booth but I can now play Russian Raylroads or Mombasa as much as I want. We have played again the game “try to reach Koln Airport” and this time we drove the “Broken Singlas” event. That cost us a trip to Wuppertal, time and some resources but it was much more better and cheaper than another Taxi’s trip. Si, I think, we won unless someone play against us the “Germanwing’s strike” or something worse.
Here the link to other part of this report
I don’t know what will happen next year because also Francesco is pawing the ground to be here. Who knows … before going to the rankings (we will post it in a separate session tomorrow) some important notes:
– BGG rule. Talking with designers and publishers (especially the smallest) I discovered that everyone know BGG but is not so common to meet people aware of anything else, including seasoned awards like International Gamers Awards, DSP, Counter Magazine or if Essen is actually in German or somewhere else. So, if you want to be a successful blogger try to get reputation on BGG … it works much more better than anything else.
– BGG rule. It looks like everyone is looking at Geekbuzz and no one is looking to fairplay list (it was there this year ?). I don’t know how much geekbuzz impact on sale but gamers are looking at it.
– BGG rule. Despite the organizers tried to kill the BGG’s visibility moving the booth in the no-where they are been able to collect a lot of votes and there were always people writing something on their PC.
– BGG rule. I think that the most craved-shirt of Essen was the BGG’s shirt. I’ll try to bribe Scott & Friends to have one with Liga on it, commending the great mix of 20 years of almost professional rubgy career and some experience in boardgames.
– BGG rule. No one can really understand what a teenager is thinking so it is better, as father, spend time looking boardgame’s stats on the net. Here is some of the picture Caterina’s took during Essen days while my brain was just thinking about games, games and games. Sometimes I think she will bring me in Essen like someone is taking the dogs out for physical needs.
This last one is taken just outside the Messe. I wonder how many gamers attending it realized that just few meters outside there are deers … actually I wonder how many gamers realize that there is something outside until the painful announcement “in few minutes the halls are closing”.