Search for any Game Title or keyword on the Opinionated Gamers
- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us independent!
- Talia Rosen: Kickstarter Curmudgeon?
- Feed the Kraken (Game Preview by Chris Wray)
- Mark’s Bundle of 2020 Essen Game Thoughts
- Joe’s Bookshelf – How to Host a Game Night
- Simon Weinberg’s Final Day (and final thoughts) on SPIEL.digital
- Barrage is the IGA Game of the Year!
- 10 Great Sid Sackson Games (Article by Erik Arneson)
- Simmy Peerutin’s Final Days at SPIEL.digital – Report from South Africa
- Simon Weinberg – report for SPIEL.digital, Day 3
- Dale Yu: New York Zoo in 36 hours (First Impressions, Unboxing, etc)
- Dale Yu: Review of Detective: Season One (Spoiler Free)
- Lorna’s Spiel.Digital Report
- The Opinionated Gamers report on SPIEL.digital, Day 2 (Part 1)
- Anno 1800 (Game Preview by Larry Levy)
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of Lost Ruins of Arnak
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Catan
Among all the boards and dice at GenCon are those who are working towards eliminating those same things. Not that there’s anything wrong with physical games, but sometimes it is difficult to get all the players you need together in … Continue reading
Note: This is my first time attending Essen, so in my entries this week I’m discussing the convention from the perspective of a first time attendee. I’m also providing snap reviews of games, but I’m going to include today’s games … Continue reading
It all began because of an article in GAMES magazine… and this highly touted import board game from Germany, The Settlers of Catan. I plunked down $35 at a local hobby store and brought home the original brown box edition … Continue reading
Designer: Klaus Teuber Publisher: Mayfair Games, Kosmos Players: 2 Ages: 11+ Time: 25-90 minutes Times Played: 23x (Rivals for Catan), 10x (Age of Darkness), 3x (Age of Enlightenment) MSRP: $20 U.S. Reviewer: Mark Jackson (review copy of Age of Enlightenment … Continue reading