Dear Opinionatedgamers’s readers, me and Caterina are back in Essen. Someone probably again tried to prevent us reaching the Messe but we succeed! Last year was a second world war bomb and a strike and this year a fire that put the trains connecting Koln and Essen out of action. We need the help of a well payed Taxi driver but we reached the Jung Hotel and we are ready to play games!
We haven’t study any rules (not really true, indeed) and we have no plan. We will play whatever cross our path and we will be excited by good games and depressed by bad ones.
Looking back our report and the top lists I discovered that
Splendor, Imperialism: road to domination. Dark Tales
Hyperborea, Imperial Settlers, Dark Tales
Russian Raylroads, Le Fantome de l’opera, Sultanya
Russian Raylroads, Coal Barons, Mini-Crockinole
Courtier, Homesteaders, Fairy Land
Courtier, Sheepland, Fairy Land
So, here my conclusions:
– Caterina is growing and becoming a nice young lady and I’m becoming a fat old father. That means that I can’t take and publish pictures of her anymore without her approval and, probably, you will have to bear my presence in much more pictures than in the last years
– When it happens to play good gamers games we are able to recognize the quality and rate it good
– Sometimes we get thrilled by average games that seems to shine in Essen but than disappear. We are emotionals!
– We have different tastes and probably that is the reason why She is a member of the Italian’s Game of the Year committee and I’m not (something I’m slowly overcoming with pain).
– Our report is far to be a comprehensive guide to Essen hits (there are a lot of bloggers and reviewers better than us in making that) but probably an unusual report that show you how much can you enjoy Essen Messe with your kids
– Caterina doesn’t like Sci-Fi games … and that, for a father, is something really bad I have to endure!
Good play and see you tomorrow in the Messe
Liga & Caterina (she is already sleeping, preparing at the best for tomorrow!)