Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Dale Yu: Review of Tulip Bubble
- Tery Noseworthy: Pyramid Poker
- James Nathan: Essen Anticipation
- Chris Wray: My Essen 2017 Most Anticipated List
- Dale Yu: Preview of the Fast Forward games
- Dale Yu: Review of Atari: Centipede
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of Medical Frontier
- Dale Yu: Review of Valletta
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of Outpost: Siberia
- James Nathan: 1920 Wall Street and Password Express
- Dale Yu: Review of Dragon Island
- Dale Yu: Review of Birdie Fight
- Dale Yu: Review of That’s A Question!
- Dale Yu: Review of Azul
- Delve – Here’s a Game… Let’s Review It
Tag Archives: Reivews
Roll Dice! Milk the Cow! Make Cheese & Ice Cream!
Dairyman is a push-your-luck dice-rolling game in which players compete as dairymen trying to collect fresh milk everyday, fulfilling orders, and making cheese and ice cream. Players take turns rolling, locking, and re-rolling dice to create sets of two or three dice with a total value of 10 to produce milk and then use it to claim milk tiles for points. Failure to produce milk may result in spoilage and the loss of a previously earned milk tile. There are opportunities to flip a tile to turn the milk into cheese for extra points or to freeze it into ice cream. This action provides an extra ability that can be used each turn. Flipping a milk tile also prevents it from being lost. The player with the most points on their milk, cheese, and ice cream tiles at the end of the game is the winner. Continue reading
“Escape room game [in a box]” has apparently become the hot new board game genre of 2016. From virtual versions dating as far back as 1988 to real world escape rooms being created around 2006, it seems inevitable that a hybrid version of the concept would find its way into the growing board game hobby. Cooperative puzzle games have always been of great interest to many people and capturing the escape room feeling in a box that can be played anywhere is an exciting evolution.
There are already a handful of “escape room in a box” games available and Escape Room The Game is latest having been released in late 2016 in the USA by Spin Master Games. However, there are a couple key differences that set it apart from the previous games. First of all, Escape Room The Game contains not just a single escape room game, but four different Adventures that have varying difficulties and all look, feel, and play slightly different. Secondly, the game utilizes a unique electronic “Chrono Decoder” around which the game unfolds. It also helps pull the players further into the game so that they are anchored more to the game and the make believe “room” being created rather than arbitrary location where the game is being played. Continue reading