Search for any Game Title or keyword on the Opinionated Gamers
- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us independent!
- Dale Yu: Review of Everything on 1 Card
- Hadrian’s Wall: A Solo Review
- Dale Yu: Review of Hashi
- Dale Yu: Review of The Search for Planet X
- Dale Yu – Review of Sweet Holic
- MicroMacro, Arnak, and Gloomhaven Jaws are Golden Geek’s 2020 Games of the Year
- Dale Yu: Review of Inspector Nose
- Solo Gaming 2021: The First Four Months
- FREE escape room at home adventure available (quantities limited)
- Dale Yu: Review of Cubitos
- It’s An (Even More) Wonderful World: Expansions and Goodies
- Dale Yu – Review of Bravo!
- Dale Yu – Review of Alice’s Garden
- Gaming Timeline: 1960-1964
- Dale Yu – Review of Block Ness
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: prison
“Escape room game [in a box]” has apparently become the hot new board game genre of 2016. From virtual versions dating as far back as 1988 to real world escape rooms being created around 2006, it seems inevitable that a hybrid version of the concept would find its way into the growing board game hobby. Cooperative puzzle games have always been of great interest to many people and capturing the escape room feeling in a box that can be played anywhere is an exciting evolution.
There are already a handful of “escape room in a box” games available and Escape Room The Game is latest having been released in late 2016 in the USA by Spin Master Games. However, there are a couple key differences that set it apart from the previous games. First of all, Escape Room The Game contains not just a single escape room game, but four different Adventures that have varying difficulties and all look, feel, and play slightly different. Secondly, the game utilizes a unique electronic “Chrono Decoder” around which the game unfolds. It also helps pull the players further into the game so that they are anchored more to the game and the make believe “room” being created rather than arbitrary location where the game is being played. Continue reading