- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us ad-free and independent!
- Report from the Field – Lobster Trap XXI
- Patrick Brennan: Game Snapshots – 2018, Part 17
- PREVIEW: Codex Enigmatum
- First Impressions of Coimbra
- 175 Snap Thoughts on games from SPIEL 2018
- Our Favorite Worker Placement Locations
- Warning – under construction for a few weeks… Sorry for all the ads. Should be better now.
- Essen for Agoraphobes
- Matt Carlson: Game On! Travel Coins
- HERO’S CROSSING
- Simon W’s 2nd set of Essen First Takes
- Voices in Board Gaming: Interview with Chad DeShon
- Simon W’s first takes of Essen 2018 Games
- Father in the Messe 2018: Day 2+
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: virus
“Escape room game [in a box]” has apparently become the hot new board game genre of 2016. From virtual versions dating as far back as 1988 to real world escape rooms being created around 2006, it seems inevitable that a hybrid version of the concept would find its way into the growing board game hobby. Cooperative puzzle games have always been of great interest to many people and capturing the escape room feeling in a box that can be played anywhere is an exciting evolution.
There are already a handful of “escape room in a box” games available and Escape Room The Game is latest having been released in late 2016 in the USA by Spin Master Games. However, there are a couple key differences that set it apart from the previous games. First of all, Escape Room The Game contains not just a single escape room game, but four different Adventures that have varying difficulties and all look, feel, and play slightly different. Secondly, the game utilizes a unique electronic “Chrono Decoder” around which the game unfolds. It also helps pull the players further into the game so that they are anchored more to the game and the make believe “room” being created rather than arbitrary location where the game is being played. Continue reading