Search for any Game Title or keyword on the Opinionated Gamers
- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us independent!
- Simon Weinberg – report for SPIEL.digital, Day 3
- Dale Yu: New York Zoo in 36 hours (First Impressions, Unboxing, etc)
- Dale Yu: Review of Detective: Season One (Spoiler Free)
- Lorna’s Spiel.Digital Report
- The Opinionated Gamers report on SPIEL.digital, Day 2 (Part 1)
- Anno 1800 (Game Preview by Larry Levy)
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of Lost Ruins of Arnak
- Spiel Digital (Day 1 Brandon Kempf)
- The Opinionated Gamers at SPIEL.digital, day 1 continued
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of Paleo (Spoiler Free)
- The Opinionated Gamers Report on the First Morning at SPIEL.digital
- Enigma Beyond Code (Game Review by Brandon Kempf)
- Schotten Totten 2 (Game Preview by Larry Levy)
- Spiel.digital Tips
- Opinionated Gamers Spiel Want Lists Part 6
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: codinca
Rival treasure hunters (i.e., players) have discovered the Temple of Codinca while exploring the Yucatan rain forests. To open the Temple and find the great treasures contained within, players must use various mechanisms to manipulate a grid of sixteen carved Symbol Tiles to match specific Key Patterns. The first player to match their own Symbol Tiles to their four Key Patterns will unlock the secrets of Codinca.
Codinca is an abstract strategy game that combines skill and chance. Players take turns using various actions (e.g., flipping, swapping, and shifting) to manipulate a common grid of tiles to create patterns that match their individual Key Cards. The game is meant to be fast-paced and tactical.
Codinca was first available as a pre-production release at the Essen Game Fair (Spiel) in 2012. Only 150 copies were available and it sold out. A Kickstarter campaign was launched in September 2013 to fund a full production release, but it failed to reach the necessary goal. The game largely disappeared until it re-debuted at the 2016 UK Game Expo in new pocket edition. According to the announcement from the publisher, “the mechanics have been streamlined, the tiles made substantially chunkier, the rules include six languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish & Polish), and it all comes in a very pretty pocket sized magnetic closing box.” This review is for the new 2016 release of Codinca. Continue reading