After months of careful judgments, the Italian Game of the Year (Gioco dell’Anno) committee, officiated by Roberto Genovese with Beatrice Parisi, Fabrizio Paoli (coordinator), Luca Bonora, Riccardo Busetto, Massimiliano Calimera, Fabio Cambiaghi, Paolo Cupola and Caterina Ligabue, nominated this 5 titles from a list of 33 games:
– 7 Wonders Duel, thrilling and coherent clash of civilizations for 2-players by Antoine Bauza and Bruno Cathala, published by Repos Production and distributed in Italy by Asterion Press
– Celestia, adventurous game of risk management for 2-6 fearless explorer boarded on a a sophisticated flying ship by Aaron Weissblum, published by BLAM! and distributed in Italy by Ghenos Games
– New York 1901, tough tiles placement game for 2-4 ambitious and unscrupolous builders in the lively Manhattan in the beginning of the ‘900, by Chénier La Salle, published by Blue Orange and distributed in Italy by Oliphante
– Nome in Codice (Codename), entangling and engaging game for 2-8 secret agents provided with imagination and intuition by Vlaada Chvátil, published by CGE and distributed in Italy by Cranio Creations
– Pozioni Esplosive , crackling game of crashes and combinations for 2-4 young alchemists by Lorenzo Silva, Andrea Crespi and Stefano Castelli, published by Horrible Games and distributed in Italy by Ghenos Games.
The committee and Lucca Comics & Games staff are happy to thanks all the publishers participating. The winner will be revealed the 28 of September
(this is my translation of the official notice)