Search for any Game Title or keyword on the Opinionated Gamers
- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us independent!
- Talia Rosen: Kickstarter Curmudgeon?
- Feed the Kraken (Game Preview by Chris Wray)
- Mark’s Bundle of 2020 Essen Game Thoughts
- Joe’s Bookshelf – How to Host a Game Night
- Simon Weinberg’s Final Day (and final thoughts) on SPIEL.digital
- Barrage is the IGA Game of the Year!
- 10 Great Sid Sackson Games (Article by Erik Arneson)
- Simmy Peerutin’s Final Days at SPIEL.digital – Report from South Africa
- Simon Weinberg – report for SPIEL.digital, Day 3
- Dale Yu: New York Zoo in 36 hours (First Impressions, Unboxing, etc)
- Dale Yu: Review of Detective: Season One (Spoiler Free)
- Lorna’s Spiel.Digital Report
- The Opinionated Gamers report on SPIEL.digital, Day 2 (Part 1)
- Anno 1800 (Game Preview by Larry Levy)
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of Lost Ruins of Arnak
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Blend Off
Blend Off! is a real time game in which all players are frantically rolling dice to collect fruit, blending smoothies, and filling orders to earn gold stars. Makes total sense, right? To best understand the theme and mechanisms of the game, it’s important to know the backstory. Here it is as told in the rules…
Blend it Like Becca — a small-town smoothie shop sensation! It’s been a slow night. Becca the shop owner, Kevin the runner boy, and the Master Mixers – including you! – have started closing up shop. One minute before close, the door swings open. Outside, you see parked school buses and a line of people all the way to the street corner! The high school girls’ volleyball tournament has just gotten out, and everyone is craving a smoothie for the ride home. Becca cuts a deal: whoever blends the most smoothies tonight gets free smoothies for a month! The Blend Off has begun, and only one can win. There’s just one problem: Kevin. Skittish at best on normal days, he flies into a frenzy, grabbing fruit for you from the fridge at random. Take the fruit Kevin brings, complete the orders Becca calls back, and blend your way to victory!
In the game, players represent the Master Mixers who are competing to blend the most smoothies. Each Master Mixer rolls a Fruit Die representing Kevin\ and the random fruits he retrieves from the refrigerator. The deck of Blender Cards represents Becca who is continuously calling out smoothie orders to be filled. Unlike many games, there are no individual turns. Players are all playing and taking actions simultaneously until the game ends (when Becca is out of orders). The player that earned the most gold stars from blending smoothies is the winner. Continue reading
How to play Escape Room In A Box: The Werewolf Experiment is quite easy; just open the box, read the rules, choose a leader, start a countdown timer, solve the puzzles, open the locks and then win (hopefully). It’s that easy! In all seriousness, setting up the game and learning how to play is very quick and easy since there are only six rules along with a few “Tips for Success.”
Actually playing the game is not quite as easy, but it’s a whole lot of fun! Once the “Rule” panel is removed, the game has started and the clock is ticking… Continue reading