- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us ad-free and independent!
- The Opinionated Gamers list the games they “must have” from SPIEL 2019
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of Little Town
- If It’s October In Salem, It Means Tourists & New Games!! (Crystal Palace, The Quest for El Dorado-The Golden Temples, & Promenade) – A Lobster Trap Preview
- Dale Yu: Review of Las Vegas Royale
- Dale Yu – Essen Preview of Kung Fu
- Chris Wray: My Essen 2019 Most Anticipated List
- Dale Yu – Essen Preview of Carnival of Monsters
- The Board Game Scene in Indonesia and Indonesian Games at Spiel 2019
- 2019 DSP and IGA Award Winners Announced
- Dale Yu: Review – Bermuda Pirates (and a small Essen Preview of 50 Clues)
- Dale Yu: A Second Look at Tanto Cuore
- Dale Yu: Essen Preview of Trial of the Temples
- Barrage (Game Review by Larry Levy)
- Dale Yu: First Impressions of Kibble Scuffle
- Dale Yu: Essen Preview of 3 small games – Flipover Frog, Decrypto: Laser Drive, Doctor! Doctor!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Blend Off
Blend Off! is a real time game in which all players are frantically rolling dice to collect fruit, blending smoothies, and filling orders to earn gold stars. Makes total sense, right? To best understand the theme and mechanisms of the game, it’s important to know the backstory. Here it is as told in the rules…
Blend it Like Becca — a small-town smoothie shop sensation! It’s been a slow night. Becca the shop owner, Kevin the runner boy, and the Master Mixers – including you! – have started closing up shop. One minute before close, the door swings open. Outside, you see parked school buses and a line of people all the way to the street corner! The high school girls’ volleyball tournament has just gotten out, and everyone is craving a smoothie for the ride home. Becca cuts a deal: whoever blends the most smoothies tonight gets free smoothies for a month! The Blend Off has begun, and only one can win. There’s just one problem: Kevin. Skittish at best on normal days, he flies into a frenzy, grabbing fruit for you from the fridge at random. Take the fruit Kevin brings, complete the orders Becca calls back, and blend your way to victory!
In the game, players represent the Master Mixers who are competing to blend the most smoothies. Each Master Mixer rolls a Fruit Die representing Kevin\ and the random fruits he retrieves from the refrigerator. The deck of Blender Cards represents Becca who is continuously calling out smoothie orders to be filled. Unlike many games, there are no individual turns. Players are all playing and taking actions simultaneously until the game ends (when Becca is out of orders). The player that earned the most gold stars from blending smoothies is the winner. Continue reading
How to play Escape Room In A Box: The Werewolf Experiment is quite easy; just open the box, read the rules, choose a leader, start a countdown timer, solve the puzzles, open the locks and then win (hopefully). It’s that easy! In all seriousness, setting up the game and learning how to play is very quick and easy since there are only six rules along with a few “Tips for Success.”
Actually playing the game is not quite as easy, but it’s a whole lot of fun! Once the “Rule” panel is removed, the game has started and the clock is ticking… Continue reading