- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us ad-free and independent!
- Hadara (Game Review by Brandon Kempf)
- Congratulations to the 2019 Spiel des Jahres winners!
- Chris Wray: My Gen Con Most Anticipated List (2019)
- Dale Yu: Review of Point Salad
- Dale Yu: Review of EXIT: The Catacombs of Horror
- The Opinionated Gamers (Try To) Predict the Spiel des Jahres and Kennerspiel des Jahres – 2019 Edition Final Guesses
- Kenny G – Keepin’ it Saxy (Game Review by Brandon Kempf)
- Patrick Brennan: Game Snapshots –2019 (Part 14)
- Dale Yu: Review of Century: A New World
- Dale Yu: Review of On Tour
- Dale Yu: Review of Escape Room in a Box: Flashback (Spoiler Free!) – $10 ON AMAZON PRIME DAY (July 15)
- Dale Yu: Review of Blokus Puzzle
- My Favorite Games of 2018: The Dirty Dozen
- Patrick Brennan: Game Snapshots –2019 (Part 13)
- Matt Carlson: Dragon’s Breath
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: smoothies
Blend Off! is a real time game in which all players are frantically rolling dice to collect fruit, blending smoothies, and filling orders to earn gold stars. Makes total sense, right? To best understand the theme and mechanisms of the game, it’s important to know the backstory. Here it is as told in the rules…
Blend it Like Becca — a small-town smoothie shop sensation! It’s been a slow night. Becca the shop owner, Kevin the runner boy, and the Master Mixers – including you! – have started closing up shop. One minute before close, the door swings open. Outside, you see parked school buses and a line of people all the way to the street corner! The high school girls’ volleyball tournament has just gotten out, and everyone is craving a smoothie for the ride home. Becca cuts a deal: whoever blends the most smoothies tonight gets free smoothies for a month! The Blend Off has begun, and only one can win. There’s just one problem: Kevin. Skittish at best on normal days, he flies into a frenzy, grabbing fruit for you from the fridge at random. Take the fruit Kevin brings, complete the orders Becca calls back, and blend your way to victory!
In the game, players represent the Master Mixers who are competing to blend the most smoothies. Each Master Mixer rolls a Fruit Die representing Kevin\ and the random fruits he retrieves from the refrigerator. The deck of Blender Cards represents Becca who is continuously calling out smoothie orders to be filled. Unlike many games, there are no individual turns. Players are all playing and taking actions simultaneously until the game ends (when Becca is out of orders). The player that earned the most gold stars from blending smoothies is the winner. Continue reading