- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us ad-free and independent!
- Dale Yu: Review of Monster Lands
- ALTIPLANO: THE TRAVELER
- Dale Yu: First Impression of Embark
- Congratulations to the 2019 Spiel des Jahres nominees!
- Silver & Gold (Game Review by Brandon Kempf)
- Spring Game Market Anticipation Post (ゲームマーケット2019春プレビュー)
- chu’ Quj chenmoH Decrypto
- The Opinionated Gamers (Try To) Predict the Spiel des Jahres and Kennerspiel des Jahres – 2019 Edition
- Dale Yu – Review of T.I.M.E Stories: Madame
- Ein Mann. Ein Spiel.
- First Impressions of Space Race
- Space Base (Game Review by Brandon Kempf)
- Chris Wray: What I Enjoyed Playing in April 2019
- UNDERWATER CITIES – A COMPARATIVE REVIEW BY SIMMY PEERUTIN
- Dale Yu: Review of The Boldest
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Convention Reports
Essen 2018 is now complete! I’m taking a brief break from packing to write this blog post. Many of the Opinionated Gamers left today (Sunday), but I don’t fly out until Monday morning. Below I talk about what was hot … Continue reading
As I mentioned yesterday, I only went to Gen Con for two days this year, instead opting to head home and host two game days so my friends and family could play what I bought. As of this afternoon, I’ve … Continue reading
Day two at Gen Con has always been, at least for me, considerably more relaxed than the first day. I headed for the CMON booth early and grabbed Gizmos (for a buddy) and Railroad Ink, then did a final scan … Continue reading
The first day of Gen Con 2018 is a wrap, and what a day it was. This year’s event marks the 51st anniversary of the convention, and though that distinction doesn’t have the shine of last year’s golden 50th, Gen … Continue reading
I’m at Gen Con from Wednesday to Friday this year, so I’m packing a lot into a short schedule. I’ll be doing nightly blogging featuring reviews of games that I enjoy, plus my normal routine of discussing what was hot at … Continue reading
I spent most of my time on Saturday doing last-minute shopping (gotta love the used game stands) and chatting with publishers for a couple of articles I’m working on. I didn’t get as much time as I had hoped to … Continue reading
For me, Friday at Essen means more time playing games and less time shopping. This posts covers several topics: (1) what’s hot, (2) the International Gamers Award ceremony, and (3) what I played.
As with my past coverage, I’ll be posting each night about (1) what’s hot, (2) what I played, and (3) general thoughts on the convention. I didn’t get the chance to play many games today, but I did get 90+% … Continue reading