- Follow The Opinionated Gamers on WordPress.com
Support the Opinionated Gamers! If you enjoy our content here, help keep us ad-free and independent!
- ALTIPLANO: THE TRAVELER
- Dale Yu: First Impression of Embark
- Congratulations to the 2019 Spiel des Jahres nominees!
- Silver & Gold (Game Review by Brandon Kempf)
- Spring Game Market Anticipation Post (ゲームマーケット2019春プレビュー)
- chu’ Quj chenmoH Decrypto
- The Opinionated Gamers (Try To) Predict the Spiel des Jahres and Kennerspiel des Jahres – 2019 Edition
- Dale Yu – Review of T.I.M.E Stories: Madame
- Ein Mann. Ein Spiel.
- First Impressions of Space Race
- Space Base (Game Review by Brandon Kempf)
- Chris Wray: What I Enjoyed Playing in April 2019
- UNDERWATER CITIES – A COMPARATIVE REVIEW BY SIMMY PEERUTIN
- Dale Yu: Review of The Boldest
- Mystic Vale
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Essen 2017
Designer: Rob Daviau, Matt Leacock Publisher: Z-Man (U.S.) Players: 2 – 4 Ages: 14 and Up Time: 60 Minutes Per Game, Campaign Takes 12-24 Games Times Played: 20 (Full Campaign) Pandemic Legacy first took the boardgame world by storm back … Continue reading
Designer: Ted Alspach Publisher: Bezier Games Players: 2 – 4 Ages: 13 and Up Time: 75 Minutes Times Played: > 5 (On Review Copy Provided by the Publisher) The Palace of Mad King Ludwig is the latest full-sized strategy game … Continue reading
Designer: Friedemann Friese Publisher: 2F-Spiele, Rio Grande Players: 2-6 Ages: 12 and Up Time: 120 Minutes Per Game Times Played: 3 (The entire North America campaign for Power Grid deluxe.) Power Grid is one of my favorite games of all … Continue reading
Designer: Jamey Stegmaier Publisher: Stonemaier Games Players: 1 – 6 Ages: 10 and Up Time: 45 – 75 Minutes Times Played: 12 (The entire campaign.) Charterstone is the latest creation of Jamey Stegmaier and his publishing company, Stonemaier Games. Though … Continue reading
I spent most of my time on Saturday doing last-minute shopping (gotta love the used game stands) and chatting with publishers for a couple of articles I’m working on. I didn’t get as much time as I had hoped to … Continue reading
For me, Friday at Essen means more time playing games and less time shopping. This posts covers several topics: (1) what’s hot, (2) the International Gamers Award ceremony, and (3) what I played.
As with my past coverage, I’ll be posting each night about (1) what’s hot, (2) what I played, and (3) general thoughts on the convention. I didn’t get the chance to play many games today, but I did get 90+% … Continue reading
The halls are coming together nicely. I was able to attend the press conference around noon, followed by the press show afterwards, and below is what I have to report. This all comes from the “Detailed Press Release” handed out … Continue reading
Designer: Klaus-Jürgen Wrede Publisher: Hans im Glück Verlags-GmbH Players: 2 Ages: 7+ Time: 25 Minutes Times Played: 2 (With many more plays of Carcassonne…) Carcassonne für 2 is a new, inexpensive version of Carcassonne for two players. The game comes in a nice … Continue reading